- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beat them separately before adding to mixture
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (1/8 of a pound)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Sprinkle icing sugar
- Mix the dry items first.
- Combine the eggs and melted butter to the milk and slowly stir into the flour mixture.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes while heating the pan.
- Heat pan with oil or butter.
- Pour about ½ cup of mixture into pan.
- Let brown on one side and flip brown other side.
- Pour 5 tsp. Pearson’s Berry Farm syrup (4 flavours: Black Current, Raspberry, Chokecherry, Saskatoon) on pancakes.
- Add icing sugar to garnish.
About This Recipe
“It was the Fall of 1987 when Pete Nyhus walked into our office, just to visit. We started talking about breakfast, and he reached into a wastepaper basket and pulled out a scrap of teletype paper. He wrote out this recipe, and my family has never used pre-mix since.”